I take purchasing perfume quite seriously. The psychology of scent is fascinating. Certain smells provoke different reactions and moods in other people. Hell.. A spritz of my favorite perfume can totally transform my mood. I can feel confident, flirty, clean, or down right vampy sexy depending on which scent I choose. Each morning my perfume selection can take almost as much time as deciding which shoes to wear or my jewelry appropriation. 

Lavender has a calming effect
Rosemary, peppermint, citrus, and lemongrass invigorate
Ylang-ylang, rose, sandalwood, jasmine are sensuous
Vanilla a standard happy smell

I have recently run out of the two fragrances I wear daily, so the expedition was on to find two new scents to replace the old ones. I wanted to update and refresh. When I chose those other scents last year I was in a different place. They were subtle feminine bouquets. Quiet ladylike tones which are soothing but not overwhelmingly sexy.  Oddly enough they were also in pink bottles.. Go figure.
I was feeling like this
but now
 I am feeling like this

Now I am in vampy kitten sex pot mode. I needed my emanation to reflect this new mood. It took a few months but I purchased these new scents.


I always have 

and

as my extravagant perfumes for when I really want to make a statement without saying a word. I rarely wear these as I believe they deem a special occasion.


Recently I was turned onto Jo Malone scents (thanks to @blackpowerbunny) which can be pricey as well.. I only own 

but plan to purchase more in the future. I have become a Jo Malone convert but I will never turn my back on Creed or Bond No 9.
I so desperately want this one next!


FIN

Comments (1)

On December 2, 2010 at 3:04 PM , Gwendolyn said...

Scent is such an important element in our lives. A smell will automatically take someone back to fond, or not so fond, memories. It can set the tone of the day or help end it. I revamped my fragrance collection a few years back...best move ever. Very good piece!