Last Friday night, the earth stood still. Literally.. Stood still. For real. Let me explain.

There is nothing better on God’s green earth than well made Red Velvet cake.. NOTHING.. and I mean N O T H I N G! It is a slice of heaven or a bit of caker cake euphoria. It is just perfect. Not everyone has amazing Red Velvet cake but those who do, deserve their own holiday. Sprinkles has some of the best Red Velvet cupcakes I have ever tasted in my entire life.. Believe me.. I have had a LOT of cupcakes. Some exceptional and others worthy of the rubbish bin. In my never ending quest for the perfect Red Velvet cake, I stumbled upon a product so outstanding I have been tweeting about it nonstop since I’ve tasted it. What is it you ask.. RED VELVET ICE DAMN CREAM!

Oh My GOD! Is it the best thing I have ever put in my mouth. It is the best thing I have ever put in my mouth! This obsession started innocently enough when Baskin Robbins sent me an email announcing their special ice cream flavor for the month of December. Well.. Before I even tried it I was obsessed with it. How could you not be? The description was velvety chocolaty red velvet ice cream with ribbons of cream cheese frosting. Uh.. They had me at cream cheese frosting ribbons.

I was so hyped up about this ice cream I encouraged (read bullied) people I don’t even know in real life to go taste it. Never mind that I hadn’t tasted it personally yet. When I finally made it to Baskin Robbins (like 15 hours after I received the initial e-mail)  I was smitten.. The guy who was working the counter that night happened to be quite attractive. I was dismayed the majority of the tub of Red Velvet ice cream was missing.  Upon questioning Ice Cream Hawtness, he informed me it was a very popular flavor and his personal favorite. As far as I was concerned, his stamp of approval was all I needed. I didn’t even bother getting one of those ridiculously small pink spoon samples. No no no! Oracle dove right in by ordering a pint of Red Velvet ice cream. Before I even managed to leave the store, I had the top off and was digging into my velvety goodness.

Needless to say.. The ice cream is insanely good. Seriously.. For real.. I do not know how they translated red velvet cake into an ice cream and didn’t mess up the integrity of the product. It is. For lack of a better word.. PERFECT. Absolutely perfect. It is my contention that we should give out Red Velvet ice cream to ANYONE going through tough times. One spoon full of this frozen confection will have you swooning with joy. 

I won’t go on and on waxing poetic about this ice cream but understand, it is the best thing you will ever put in your mouth! Go try it.. You are going to love it. Baskin Robbins has hit a home run with this ice cream, and I doubt they are even in the park anymore. Try it now.. You will thank me later.

FIN


Comments (0)