I was born in the year of the Ox. No joke. It is on my birth certificate. “Born in the year of the Ox” Although a proud Scorpio, I do cling to Chinese astrological ideology as well. Being born in the year of the Ox means I have a high propensity for working hard. This quality has served me well for years. In college I made hella bank working as a bartender at night, yet still getting my ass out of bed to make morning classes. I think there is something addictive about making money. The more you make, the more you want to make. Even as an adult, I always have some sort of side hustle going on at all times. I sold Ebay, worked for a catering company, worked retail… All while maintaining a day job. Financial security is extremely important to me. What is ALSO very important to me is buying whatever I want whenever I want without having to shift around bills, eat rice for weeks, or do without electricity. Soo.. I work like a maniac.




During my unfortunate ill fated marriage, my spendaholic social climbing leech took advantage of all of my hard work and good spending habits. Like this LV trash bag, he was placed on the curb for garbage collection.  On the other side of liberation, my workaholic tendencies have kicked in full force. Currently I have 3 jobs. Yes. 3 jobs! Even I am shocked I manage to hold down 3 jobs. Do I need to work this much? Uh.. Not really. I am goal oriented. The faster I have a specific amount of money saved up, the faster I can leave Texas FOREVER. That is motivation enough to work 24 hours a day seven days a week. In theory I CAN work 24 hours a day if I wanted to.

My close friends are horrified by how much I work. But.. Well.. I don’t have much to do anyway. Willie is gone. I never really bonded with anyone here. I can always DVR my beloved reality tv shows. So why not work? Many weeks I am working 7 days and sometimes my hours range from 7 am to 11 pm. I don’t mind. With every billable hour I put in, it puts me one step closer to the East Coast. On the OTHER hand.. I also have a mini-sub goal. Last year my lack luster pimp of a ex didn’t do anything special for my very special birthday. I have NO idea why I expected anything from him considering during our so called marriage he has never bought me one single gift for anything. Occasionally I would get grocery store wilting sad ass flowers and a card he wouldn’t even sign. (Sidebar- I burned all of those cards in his enormous BBQ pit he HAD to have. Tee hee hee). SO this year I decided to buy a 5 carat diamond tennis bracelet. Why you ask? Because I work hard and I want it. A blog about the utter awesomeness of this bracelet to follow.

Comments (2)

On October 14, 2009 at 4:32 PM , Admin said...

You go girl! Come visit us in California!!

 
On October 16, 2009 at 10:56 PM , Kenlie said...

I'm not sure where you want to be on the East Coast, but I'm in NYC. And at one point, long ago, I lived in Texas..It's a great place, but I understand your desire to be here...it's the best. Good luck!