I have completed my blog entry for the night and it struck me like a bolt of lightening or the drugs Nurse Jackie seems to enjoy taking. Everyone reveals a bit of themselves through the social media sites. But each site reveals only a facet of one's personality. On MySpace I am who people believe me to be through clues or inferences on my page. I think I have visited MySpace oh... about 1 time in the last 7 months. On Facebook I am the person people think they know. My page is littered with people I actually know in real life. Just different snapshots of my life. So the girl people knew in High School is not the same person others knew in college and is not the person people worked with at Duke which is definitely not the person I am now. However, each Facebook friend is rooted in the piece of me they believe they know. Now Twitter.. My beloved twitter. I am the snarkiest bitch on twitter you ever want to see. I shield ALL people I know in real life from the Twitter me. On Twitter I just tweet random silly thoughts into an overly crowded room and wait for replies. I've made connections deeper than some relationships out here in the real world on twitter with people I will never ever see. I like that. Meeting them might ruin the mystique then I would be disappointed. Real life people disappoint you all of the time and there is no "block" button for them. So on twitter I am very candid. My blog. Oh how I love my blog. I neglect it, write when I am moved, and congest it with things I don't tell anyone. My blog is my innermost secret self. The one few people know about. My life is fractured into shards containing different parts of myself. This blog, is the only pure representative of what I am thinking. And nobody on Facebook or MySpace even knows it exists. And that is just how I like it.

Comments (5)

On June 22, 2009 at 4:53 PM , Ari said...

Yeah you're totally right. I never thought that about Facebook, but you're right. And ha, on twitter I'm like the bubbliest, chatterbox of a person... so not how I usually am. Sometimes but not always.

And now I want to see Nurse Jackie, lol!

 
On June 26, 2009 at 1:55 PM , *Sam* said...

I feel the same way. No one I know IRL knows about my blog. I'd feel too judged. Now strangers reading it doesnt bother me. lol...That sounds weird.

 
On July 1, 2009 at 11:55 PM , Admin said...

Oh puh-lease! I'll challenge your ass to a most snarkiest contest!

 
On July 4, 2009 at 12:25 AM , Absentminded Oracle said...

Wicked.. I bow to your snarky greatness. You go places I wouldn't dare.

 
On July 5, 2009 at 1:11 PM , Admin said...

Bow down, bow down!