The Goddess of Compassion Quan Yin decided to visit me in my dreams. She told me I was being too hard on myself. It was time to give myself permission to just.. BE. No need to follow the path of perfection as it will only lead to destruction, loneliness, and severe mental illness. After our conversation I filled out a cosmic permission slip and sent it in to the universe. Here is what it said.
I just wanted you to know that I now have permission to:
1. Not finish reading books that bore me. If they don’t catch me than I can stop reading them without guilty.
2. Not feel guilty about purposefully not returning phone calls and also not checking my voice mail. There shall be no shame in a full voice mailbox. Even if it has been chocked full of messages for weeks.
3. Cut the cords of obligations that are guilt driven and to not feel like I am being selfish by perusing my own interests.
4. Eat dessert first or as a meal itself.
5. Stop worrying about the balances on my credit cards. The will get paid off eventually.
6. Stop focusing on what I do not have and love what I do
7. Stop beating myself up about taking the path of public serve (read near poverty) rather than the path of great wealth
8. Stop feeling guilty about leaving my husband even though I knew I had to get out of the boat so I could walk on water.
9. Not finish everything on my plate
10. Not feel guilty about my nap schedule. First nap, second nap, third nap, and fourth nap shall be a mandatory part of my day.
11. Stop worrying about my weight. People like me no matter what size I am.
12. Stop worrying about accomplishing everything in a timely manner
13. Stop being the person who saves the day many times at personal cost
14. Not feel like I must always project a positive mood/attitude. If I am pissy then damn it I have the right to act pissy.
15. Have amazing sex without feeling self-conscious OR putting the pleasure of my partner as paramount at the expense of my pleasure. No more self-sacrificing sex.
16. Take one big vacation a year
17. Walk around the house naked in heels without thinking I am abnormal
18. Dance without fear of being judged
19. Eat in bed and other things that my Mother would cringe if she knew I did
20. Dislike people without concrete reasons just going on intuition
21. Stop seeing myself as a failure
So yeah. Please excuse me from doing these things, as I have no intention of doing them again.
Tired Ass Oracle