I am a workaholic and I know it. It was predestined for me to be a workaholic.. I was born in the year of the Ox. We have a high propensity for working. When other's throw in the towel exhausted, that is when I am hitting my stride. Back in college I had two jobs and attended classes. Even in grad school I worked, sold stuff on e-bay, and tutored. I haven't isolated if I like working for work's sake or I am into it for the financial gain. It could be a combination of both. Lately I am starting to feel as if my life is passing me by in a haze. I am spending so much time at my multiple places of employment, I feel as if I am missing out on   adventures. The other night I was driving to my night job and the song Spaceship by Kanye West came on my iPod.

"I've been workin' this graveshift and I ain't made shit
I wish I could buy me a spaceship and fly past the sky"


 It sorta hit me. What the hell am I working so hard for? What am I trying to prove? Honestly, the more hours I put in, the more I justify making extravagant purchases. Like about an hour ago I was checking out Gucci handbags online wondering which one I should get. If I worked less and made less money I would spend less and live life more. So. Perhaps I am going to work less going forth into the new year. PERHAPS. Right after I get that Gucci handbag and perhaps a new iPod nano....
FIN

Comments (1)

On January 20, 2010 at 3:06 PM , Ashley said...

Make sure you're taking some time for yourself! Its not all about material objects