Yesterday on Twitter someone posted a link to divorce cakes. I was intrigued. Divorce cakes are now my new minor obsession. How could it not be? It contains DIVORCE which I am so very happy about.. And CAKE which once again.. Can’t get any better in my eyes. Perhaps it is my macabre sense of humor. The wedding was NO CELEBRATION but getting rid of a 180 pound albatross IS! Tee hee hee! Sooo. I was thinking. My bestie and I do just about everything together. Since the conclusion of our train wreck marriages, I thought it would be a smashing idea to have a divorce party to celebrate liberation from the prison camp called marriage. I searched the web looking for the perfect cake for our joint party and so far these are the main contenders. Why not have a Divorce cake? We had wedding cakes.. Divorce is a celebration which should not go gently into the goodnight. I am going to party it up like a parade in New Orleans! I am going to throw a Divorce party and unlike Sherree, it will actually happen.


I love how she kicks him bloody! This cake speaks to my unbridled rage.
This one has a nice touch as she is throwing out all of his clothes which she most likely had to wash, iron, and put away for years. Yay for her! Also the man is kicked which delights me.


NOW we are talking! Notice the MONEY all over the place? This cake captures the essence of my marriage. Lots of money spent and nothing to show for it. Not even magic beans. This might be the prototype for my divorce cake.


I am sure my ex is looking like this right now. The strong odor of Miller Lite and dip waifing off of him as he is homeless on the streets. Without me to pay the bills, how shall he remain housed? I have no idea and I do NOT care!


Ah ha ha! Wedding ring in a coffin! I LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! I would bury my ring if I had the heart to, but a diamond is forever.. My marriage was NOT. I will keep my best friends.



Comments (2)

On October 9, 2009 at 12:41 AM , feministified said...

Hey there, I got directed to you via badassfemmes.
I love it here. Sharp, snarky, and sassy. Lovin it.

 
On October 9, 2009 at 5:37 PM , Anonymous said...

These are hilarious!