Well I have had Frasier for about 4 months now and I can say with great confidence; he is shaping up to be a great dog. It was touch and go for a little while, but now things have balanced out. We know each other now and can finally enjoy the other’s company.

To this day I completely believe I picked him up from the breeder way way way too early. Puppykins had no idea how to be a dog. He was this whiney mass of fur and sounds which although delighted me he also drove me crazy with his constant mewing He needed too much attention. I was really starting to regret getting another dog and really really missed Willie. Housebreaking a puppy just isn’t fun at all. Then the magic happened. Puppykins got older. We started going to the dog park weekly… Now he is an amazing dog. I love him so much and can’t recall a time when he wasn’t around. 

When I come home in the morning from work he is waiting patiently (rather impatiently) for me to let him out of his crate. No matter how tired I am I smile and say, “Release the Kraken”. That is his cue to dart out of his cage and run to the back door. We nap together, play together, watch TV together.. Go to the dog park. Go to Pet Smart. Whenever he is in the car he has to have one paw on my arm as if he is helping me drive. This never fails to make me smile. We have our own schedule. We do our own thing. Puppykins and I are a motley crew and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

I have to send a special prayer of thanks to Willie, because without him teaching me how to be a great momma, Puppykins wouldn’t be as well taken care of as he is. Willie broke me in, taught me the ropes, and for that I will be forever grateful for the 17 years of uncondional love he gave me. Willie.. I know you are never far away, and although I love this new bundle of silliness, he will never ever take your place in my heart.  I love you Willie.. You are my best friend and always will be. Keep Dad company till I see you guys again.
FIN

Comments (0)