Lately I haven’t been blogging much. I suppose I have been too busy working, working out, and making changes in my life. All of these are good things. I am feeling confident, strong, and positive for the first time in ages. I am trying to ride the wave to the beach. Anyhoo.. Not to phone in a blog post but I came across one of my favorite poems. It sort of describes where I am right now. Powerful. Unstoppable. So here it is.

EGO TRIPPING

I was born in the Congo
I walked to the fertile crescent and built the sphinx
I designed a pyramid so tough that a star that only glows ever one hundred years galls into the center giving divine perfect light.
I AM BAD
I sat on the throne drinking nectar with Allah
I got hot and sent an ice age to Europe
To cool my throat
My oldest daughter is Nefertiti
The rears from my birth pains created the Nile
I AM A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN
I grazed on the forest and burned out the Sahara desert with a packet of goat’s meat
And change of clothes
I crossed it in two hours
I am a gazelle so swift
So swift you can’t catch me
For a birthday present when he was three
I gave my son Hannibal an elephant
He gave me Rome for mother’s day
MY STRENGTH FLOWS EVER ON
My son Noah built new/ark and
 I stood proudly at the helm
As we sailed on a soft summer day
I turned myself into myself and was Jesus
Men intone my loving name
All praises all praises
I AM THE ONE WHO WOULD SAVE
I sowed diamonds in my back yard
My bowels deliver uranium
The fillings from my fingernails are semi precious jewels
On a trip north
I caught a cold and blew
My nose giving oil to the Arab world
I am so hip even my errors are correct
I sailed west to reach east and had to round off the earth as I went
The hair from my head thinned and gold was laid across three continents
I AM SO PERFECT SO DIVINE SO ETHERICAL SO SURREAL
I CANNOT BE COMPREHENDED
EXCEPT BY MY PERMISSION
I mean… I.. can fly
Like a bird in the sky

Nikki Giovanni

I think my favorite line in this poem is
“I am so hip even my errors are correct”
I identify with that. Completely.

FIN

Comments (0)