From the moment I met him.. I was in LOVE. His brown eyes drew me in and I was his from that moment on. He was the love of my life. We never argued.. We never fought.. He rarely got on my nerves. He knew my moods. Basically we were the perfect couple. After all.. We basically grew up together. He was my longest continuous relationship. We have been together for over 15 years. I have never loved anything as much as I loved him. He.. Is my dog Willie.



Photo By AnneKinLA

Unfortunately time is not as good to animals as it is to humans. Earlier this year he had a stroke and basically went down hill from there. For a dog, Willie lived quite a long time. 17 years. 17 YEARS! I am still stunned how life is so different without him. I can barely write this post because I am still so raw inside without Willie. He was there for me no matter what. He didn’t punch a clock or take time off. He didn’t complain or have an agenda. He just loved me. Unconditionally. Human love is quite conditional. I thought I would never ever ever get another dog again. But. After 7 months, I think I am ready to love again.



Halloween 2008

I think it is time. He wouldn’t want me to be alone. He ALSO didn’t want to share me either so I never got another pet while he was alive. We had an understanding. Willie was the sole recipient of my attention. The dog hunt began several months ago. I did lots of research and talked to dozens of people on twitter about breeds, temperament.. Anything puppy I was all over. After much deliberation, I picked a Boston Terrier. (Thanks to mintlipgloss on twitter)




I have been looking at breeders diligently for a few months and got overwhelmed. Finally it came down to the birth date of the dog. I KNEW there were certain traits that I didn’t want in a dog. There are certain signs I just don’t want to live with. (GEMINI)  You just can’t divorce a dog. Well you can.. But I’m not so capricious when it comes to responsibility. Naming him was also a bit of a challenge. I was lucky enough to stumble upon a breeder (sub puppy mill if you are talking to Anne) who had a litter due in November. It must have been written in the stars, a male puppy was born on November 10th. Considering one of my best friends (who I get along so easily with you would think we are the same person) was born on the 12th, a November 10th puppy seemed like a good choice. A SCORPIO PUPPY!  Said friend was HORRIFIED at the thought of me naming the dog after him.. HORRIFIED!

I sent my deposit and now will be able to pick up my baby in January.. What did I name him you ask? Considering I am a psych and just a bit neurotic.. I named him FRAISER CRAIN! Tee hee hee..

Introducing the New Love of My Life



FRAISER CRAIN WALKER

In LOVING MEMORY
WILLIE WONKA WALKER


Photo by AnneKinLA

Comments (3)

On November 18, 2009 at 4:57 PM , Ari said...

Oh my goodness, what a cute little bit of a thing!!

 
On November 18, 2009 at 6:12 PM , Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new man! I am so thrilled for you. He is a cutie pie, and I know he will bring you may years of snuggles and snorts, laughter and joy!

XOXO,
Jennifer & Maggy (@mintlipgloss and her Boston Terrorista) :-)

 
On November 20, 2009 at 1:23 AM , Kenlie said...

My cocker spaniel shows me so much unconditional love everyday. Losing a dog is sooooooo hard, but I'm happy that you'll be able to love another one now too.

Congrats..he's so little and cute. :)