I have been writing some heavy blogs lately. So I decided to lighten up my page with a topic I can talk about for hours and hours without even growing weary of the subject. CUPCAKES. Yes. Oh how I love cupcakes. I compare my cupcake obsession to schizophrenia. The onset of symptoms of schizophrenia begin in adolescence and then grow steadily to full blown mania in adulthood. Same thing with my cupcake preoccupation. I am obsessed with CUPCAKES.. Obsessed. Whenever I go to a city I do not look into the club scene, I look into the cupcake culture! I have no problems paying upwards of $3 to $4 for a cupcake, but I will be damned if I get all gussied up, stand in line, listen to lame music, and pay $5 to $7 for a Jack and Coke when I pour them expertly at home. But I digress. My latest trip to Nashville produced the little cupcake gem called Gigi's Cupcakes. I drove around for damn near an hour lost as hell to find this place but like Odysseus, I finally found my way home. Gigi's Cupcakes is a haven for cupcake lovers in Nashville.
Can you believe how much icing is on these cupcakes? I was licking and licking and licking in pure bliss. I am not afraid of lots of icing. In fact I consider it a bonus. Like a man who is attractive and funny.

Although I have to give it up to the Mount Olympus of cupcake bakeries.. Sprinkles Cupcakes. Anne K introduced me to them years ago and I am a devotee to the death. I have been many places and tasted lots of cake. NOTHING compares to the perfection of a Red Velvet cupcake from Sprinkles. NOTHING. I said.. NOTHING. They are the best things I have ever put in my mouth. THE BEST.



Luckily the closest Sprinkles is in Dallas. Otherwise I would be there every week like people go to church. Actually. Perhaps Sprinkles Cupcakes is my church. Each bite brings me closer to God.



And now I pray to the great Sprinkles Cupcakes of Beverly Hills, please do not stop making your delicious cupcakes otherwise I will have no reason to continue living. (sign of the cross) In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen


Comments (2)

On June 15, 2009 at 5:51 PM , Ari said...

Omg, I've heard of Sprinkles cupcakes.. and I just looked it up and there's one in Houston (where I'm moving to in a few weeks)! Eek!

I love cupcakes.. when I was younger, I wouldn't really like cake, I would only like cupcakes. In fact, I think I still am that way... :)

 
On June 18, 2009 at 10:07 PM , Celtic Scribe said...

Sounds like i have to try some of these cupcakes you speak of! A cupcake tour of the Southern States is in order I believe! We call these marvels of creation fairy cakes as we believe they have magical properties!