My professor likes to call me out in class all of the damn time. This totally pisses me off because I am one.. Not a child.. And B. I don’t like for people to call me out. No tolerance for that shit at all. I think it delights people who are in psychology to bait people then drag their ass on some merry route of their design. But damn. Professional courtesy right? Plus I am not even sure he is actually in psychology. His discipline might be something perfectly useless like anthropology or sociology. I don’t care how many anthropologists or sociologists I offend when I say their field of study is worthless. When you get a B.A. in EITHER one of those fields your career trajectory is waiting tables at the Cheesecake Factory. Not that psychology is any better. But when you are waiting said tables at least you can use Jedi Mind tricks on the customers to garner better tips. Anyway. This jackass teacher. I am sure at one time he was at the top of the food chain because even now he is MILDLY handsome. I stress mildly. But you can only go so far on fading looks. So don’t work out midlife aggression on your class and especially not me. I grew up overseas and my command of the metaphysical is outstanding. He might wake up one morning and begin the worst month of his life. Best part of all this is I would not feel guilty. Don’t call me out in class. After all. The only C I got in grad school was in Ethics. That speaks volumes. Vent concluded.

Comments (6)

On March 12, 2009 at 7:45 AM , ANTM said...

Haha!! I could have written this post myself actually. I absolutely HATE being called upon in class. Any teacher/prof who does so to me...definitely has secured themselves a very stern looking stink-eye.

 
On March 13, 2009 at 8:32 PM , Jasper said...

LOL. I have subbed as a college professor one time and all I can say is, normally we call those people we like or interested in.

So maybe he *ahem* likes you? LMAO! ^_^

I agree, most psych professors are not qualified to teach it. Psych is a very complicated subject and quite interesting if the teacher is qualified. However most of the time they just throw in whoever has free time, qualified or not.

When I was in college, I had an argument with my psych teacher (whose qualification is Theology) about the psychology of gay people.

It was a long and heated debate (Theology + Psychology + Gay = Gay Bad) that lasted 3 months so she never got her lessons in. She actually passed me just to get rid of me. =b

 
On March 15, 2009 at 1:09 AM , Voodoo Radio said...

Damn, that was a vent and a half. The part about the BA is totally true if u are in those fields gotta shoot for Masters or PhD.

 
On March 24, 2009 at 8:04 PM , Anonymous said...

Whew... So to summarize; You don't really care for this guy?

Nice vent! We all need one once in awhile!

MisterNoodle

 
On April 8, 2009 at 10:24 PM , Admin said...

hey, hey-I am a sociologist gal!

 
On April 8, 2009 at 10:25 PM , Admin said...

hey, hey, I'm one of those sociologist gals!